home about blogsistalk advertise

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Office...Finally!

Yay!!! I can't believe it. It's finally D-O-N-E! I want to say a big thank you to the Hubs and his Dad. Without them the office would not be possible!! You guys rock!

I am horrible at before pics. So just imagine this as a completely empty wasted space. It was originally meant for a mudroom but we opted out since it was an upgrade. So for 3+ years this space has been a catch all of well, junk. We have a mac and for the past year we have stored it in various places. Our fave place is our couch and since Malone is extremely active, we figured the couch wasn't the safest place. Enter office idea. I still am on the search for the right file cabinet that I will place to the left of the chair but for now it is perfect. I LOVE it and hope you do too!


Chalkboard wall. The wall says "Favorite Things Party 2011"
but more on that later.

Curtains are from World Market and rug is from Tuesday Morning.
Ghost chair is from TJMaxx and you can see my post about it here.

Teal office supplies from Wal-Mart, who knew?

Mail system from Target. Whew, looks like I need that
file cabinet sooner rather than later. Lamp from Target.

Blogs and Coffee sign from Made by Girl and key rack from Southern Living at Home which I think is now called Willow House?

This office was so much fun and a much needed space in our home. I'm sure I will tweak it as I go but for now it is a perfect place to blog/pinterest stalk and a cheery place to pay the dreaded bills.

Have a great day!

I am linking up with:


25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chalkboard wall = awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love the framed blog sign chalboard wall - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of that space! Love that you hung curtains and painted the whole wall with chalkboard paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for an odd sized space...LOVE your chalk wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea and for filing cabinet what about an Ikea drawers unit called helmer, I've got 2 and they are ideal for this kind of thing
    :-D
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curtains are beautiful and they really make the space. They are that unexpected element that adds the right amount of color against the black chalk wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my girl...I would love to blog in your little slice of chalkboard heaven! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/09/sweet-saturday-v7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little nook! It looks like just what you needed, except for the file cabinet. But, it's hard to get excited about file cabinets :) Love the curtains the most. Saw you at I heart naptime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love the little nook and the chalk board wall and the art...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great use of space! Love the pops of color, and that chair is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I love the curtains and the turquoise accents, so bright and cheery! I love cloffices, they are such a great use of a small space. Thanks for linking up at Roomspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I saw those curtains, but I wanted them to be yellow for my guest room instead of the greenish color they are. Love all the accessories! I'myour nwest follower. Come follow me back at www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pops of teal! Such a pretty space to work in:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors. I'm huge fan of chalkboards as well. I laughed at that blogs/coffee print because I have the same one saved on pinterest. I love it.

    Great job. This is such a great work space.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling curtains when there is no window or pressing need for curtains are my FAVORITE THINGS in the history of ever. This is so darn cute!!! So glad I found you over at Blooming Hydrangea. XOXO

    Baylor Says...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it Meg! Blog about your front bathroom, I loved it! I hope you find imitation flattering cause I may use yours as inspiration if that's ok????

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it, I love it! lol Seriously I do! The curtains and rug dress this space up so much. I always love anything chalkboard too! Congrats on a functional, but lovely and inviting work space! Thanks for joining us for Roomspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Meg, Love the chalkboard wall! You have created such a cute space for yourself. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! What a great use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to turn wasted space into something fantastic! Great job!! Love the rug!! Found you via DIY by Design. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/10/chest.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your office. I will be featuring it tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great! I love great use of small spaces!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...