home about blogsistalk advertise

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pantry Re-do!: Project 1 of 1,777


So, here is the deal. My sister's house is fabulous! She has spent years making her house a home. It is cozy, wonderful, stylish and all done on a budget.

How does this apply to my blog post you ask? Well, we have lived in our house for 3 years now. A house that was supposed to be a 3 to 5 year house, has now turned into a 5 to 10 year house. Like most people, we are effected by this crazy economy and any chance of moving in the near future has vanished. Since this house was a "short term" house I didn't spend much time decorating it. I have purchased some things here and there. Did some projects here and there. But, mostly it is a hodge podge of things I have collected over the years, been graciously gifted and lots of hand me downs. You know how it is, you get married and you slowly by pieces that somehow have to fit with what you have because you are trying to make the mortgage by the hairs of your chinny chin chin.

Enter the blog world. I have been so inspired by all these amazingly talented, thrifty, diy'ers. I decided, "you know what, I can do that." I consider myself to be a somewhat stylish chic. I know what I like when I see it and my head is swirling with ideas. I figured if I am going to stay in this house another 5 + years, I better make this house a home. After lots of convincing, I think I have the Hubs on board. Of course, he thinks the house looks great and I do too, it just needs some tweaking and a little extra love. So project by project, here we go. Chronicling it for you guys all the way!

Oh, I am supposed to be talking about the pantry right? So first things first. Organization. This lovely pantry redo was my inspiration. Love it! Here is a little pantry redo for ya!

Before (some of the bins/jars were purchased at the start of this redo.
Just forgot to take a pic of the "real before.")
After 3 years, stuff was basically just piled and shoved into any available space. Not pretty or functional.

Look at the Hubs. Whatta man, whatta man, whatta a mighty good man
(a little Salt -n- Peppa for ya)! He helped unload
all the stuff that this shorty couldn't reach.


How in the world did all this junk fit into my pantry?!?!

Closer view of all the stuff. Note all the paint samples on the
window seal lined up from my crazy sample painting frenzy!


After seeing my kitchen in this state, I needed a glass of this.
Wow, just let it all hang out, dishes in the sink and all!


Finally got the pantry to look like this. All so it could turn into.....

This!!! I am in love! So organized, functional and pretty! I painted the back accent wall a blue/gray just so the glass jars and white accessories could really pop.


I purchased metal can risers from Target. They are a dream.
Why did I not have these before?

I found these wicker baskets with the chalkboard frames at Lowe's. They were a honey color wicker so I spray painted them with flat white paint.

I found the glass olive oil bottle at Wal-Mart. Plastic bottles aren't so pretty. Just waiting to find one big enough for the Veggie Oil. In the meantime it can hide behind the EVO.


I found these great teal crates at TJMaxx. They came in three different sizes and they now house all my boxes, chips and foil. Great find!


I had this hammered silver bowl for years. It was stuffed into that space above your refrigerator. I think it does a great job of hiding all of my spice mixes.


View of other side of the pantry. Ahh, so organized!


My Southern Living cake stand now holds my paper plates. Assortment of jars are from Wal-Mart.

I found these adorable chalkboard labels from Braden's Grace on Etsy. They are great. They come 12 in a pack for only $8. I plastered them on everything.

Do you guys know they make a chalkboard pen? Uhh-Mazing! You can get one at Michaels. It will change your life...if you own a chalkboard.




I hid all the not so pretty stuff behind all the good lookin' organized stuff.

While I had this organizing wild hair, I might as well organize the kitchen cabinets too....





So there you have it. My newly organized pantry. I hope you have enjoyed it, I know we are! I am linking up with:

34 comments:

  1. I just did the same thing to our pantry this week! :) Yours is a lot cuter, but I'm just glad mine is clean! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! When do you find all this time? Want to come to my house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS-I voted like ten times for Malone's nursery! And, I like this font a little better...it's easier to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on TT&J's facebook page. Your pantry redo is fab :) I am your newest follower!

    <3

    Risa

    www.restlessrisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. pantry looks sooooo organized! I'm jealous... I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Megan!! It looks awesome!! I am going to have to invest in a chalkboard pen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's done and it looks fabulous!!!! Again, you thought I was joking, but now you have to help with my tiny pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Meg!! Your pantry looks FABULOUS!! What a great idea! Although I must say I'm too lazy to do mine! How much do you charge an hour? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Inspirational too.

    You changed your font to yet another darling font.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Megan. It turned out wonderful! You are right, the chalkboard pens are great...we are about to use them again for a little project here our place!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I am so glad you moved to this font. I have some vision issues and this one is cute AND easy to read!

    Second, your pantry looks great! If I could change one thing about my little old house, I would add a pantry. We have no version of any pantry, but my kitchen remodel plan definitely has one included. Who knew you could get chalkboard labels? Awesome idea.

    I have an old chalkboard that I will (hopefully) get rehabbed soon; I see a chalkboard pen in my future for sure.

    FYI: I have a link party happening this Friday if you want to join.

    Carol
    antiquetexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! The chalkboard labels are amazing! I'm ordering some today :) Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pantry looks great!! I also just started reading your blog and I love it!! I also voted for Malone's nursey, it is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks awesome!! Love the chalk labels on the jars.
    Great job! I found you on Thrifty Decor Chick and would love for you to stop by and link this up on my Organizing Mission link party.
    I'm not on blogger anymore, so here is my link.
    http://www.organizewithsandy.com/2011/02/28/organizing-mission-link-party-mission-spring-cleaning-week-11/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got me inspired to gussy up my pantry. I have had those same chalk board stickers on my favorites list and just waiting to find the time and energy to reorganize. I never thought about painting inside the pantry. great idea. thanks for telling us where you got all the organization stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to let you know I am going to feature this post tomorrow on my Organizing MIssion Monday link party.
    Come by and pick up your "Proud To Be Featured..." button.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great, I have jars in my pantry and chalk board paint everywhere else.....never did this. But I think I will. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi..I’m Barb… I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I am also pretty new at Facebook & would really appreciate your creative support by becoming a "Fan" & "Like" it. I also have a Blog Hop every Mon & Wed (2 different ones) & would love to have you share your beautiful makeover of your pantry. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Someday I will do this... not today LOL but someday! It looks great! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and for your sweet comments on my craft space! I have just been looking around your blog - I absolutely love this pantry! I am just starting to work my way through my kitchen this week - I only wish I had a pantry as big as yours! It looks fabulous and I love the Bistro sign. Looking forward to seeing your reveal!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome job! It feels really good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's gorgeous...I just love how well everything is organized. You chose great looking containers and storage items. It's a great spot for your cookbooks and the bistro sign is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, I am super jealous of you and that awesome pantry! My horrid pantry is in the basement, under my steps and so not convenient. I wish I could have your pantry! You did a great job...that's magazine material there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, love your pantry. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we can cram into such a small space? Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. I'll be featuring this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job! Im on my way to organize! I found you while searching for ways to make my up coming move simple. Stop by and visit me if you would and follow if you so desire. OH!any packing tips would be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pantry! I sorted out mine last yr but it's not quite as fancy: http://practicalbeautiful.blogspot.com/2011/01/home-projects-sorting-out-pantry.html

    Would love to know what you think though :)

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  27. we are so much alike! :) great job

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, my goodness! It is soooo exhorting!! My pantry looks 10X worst then your initial pantry, and it's next on my list to de-clutter and organize.... So this comes at the right time for me. Also, great ideas for boxes/tins containers to corral all the miscellaneous things I have all over. Now, onto finding chip stuff to organize!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your new pantry is adorable! I featured it today in a post about some of the most fabulous pantries in blogland! http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2011/10/organizedhome-day-5-fabulous-pantries.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! Have been thinking about repainting our pantry a more cheery color (not that I don't love the chocolate milk color of the rest of our house, but just need something a little different.) Was searching around for ideas and found your blog... didn't even know you had one... but now I will be following along to see all your new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice to be here at this blog, the most lovely photo I see was the pantry doors.

    ReplyDelete

  32. I am so envious of your walk-in pantry. I just bought an old house that doesn't have any sort of pantry to speak of and I hope to have a small cupboard/cabinet pantry built in an empty corner before I move in. Your pantry design is so neat and organized; I can only hope I will be able to emulate the awesomeness that is your pantry.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...