home about blogsistalk advertise

Monday, January 3, 2011

The 3 F's

So, I have been thinking a lot about resolutions. Like a lot of people, I don't really like to make New Year's resolutions. 1. because I have too many of them and 2. because I never stick to them. But, this year after the birth of our baby I feel like because of all the craziness I have let a lot of things fall by the wayside. It took me a long time after Malone's birth to start feeling like myself again but that is a whole other post. So, instead of making a "resolution" I am just going to promise myself to be more intentional about the three F's. What are the three F's you ask? FAITH, FINANCE, and FITNESS! Well, they are my 3 F's. I guess it could stand for Fudge, Fudge and more Fudge. But, then I would really get nothing done. So here it goes:

FAITH
I want to concentrate more on my faith. I love God and want to draw nearer to him. I need it and so does my family. I want to get back to my morning devotionals and writing in a prayer journal. When I was pregnant, I wrote in it constantly and felt the closest to God I have ever felt. My husband read his bible and wrote in a prayer journal as well. And both of us have gotten out of the habit. We also haven't attended church regularly like we used to. It is so important to have a community of believers around you that you can "do life with" and we have been feeling so disconnected. A lot of that came from busy life and a lot of it came with my need for inclusion whenever life stresses me out. So, in 2011, I want to be more intentional with my FAITH.

FINANCE
Whew, this is a big one. Ever since I returned back to work from maternity leave, work has been a little slow. But, I didn't act like it, at least not with my finances. I also didn't act like I just had a daughter that caused us to spend an additional $500 a month or so. I just spent like usual. So that has to change. We have some goals regarding finance:
1. Create more retirement
2. Set up college fund for Malone and pay into it
3. Buy the Hubs a boat
4. Go to Mexico this summer
5. Make grocery bill smaller
Sounds like a lot right? I know, I am getting sweaty just thinking about it. I LOVE to shop. It is like therapy for me and I am scared to let it go. Well, let's be honest I can't just let it go. But, I can reign it in some more. So in 2011, I want to be more intentional about FINANCE.

FITNESS
I hate this one. Really, really hate it. I haven't worked out on a regular basis in 11 years, when I was a high school cheerleader. Even then I didn't work out because I wanted to, I worked out because I had to. I hate it. Did I mention that? Everyone says, if you just do it for 30 days it will become a habit and you will love it. No I won't. Last year I worked out 3 days a week for 15 minutes lost a few pounds and said, "heh that's good enough for now." I always have good intentions but I never seem to follow through with it. I still have a good 12-15 pounds of baby weight to lose and I must lose it to feel "normal" again. At work we are doing the biggest loser and have 90 days to get the weight off. Hopefully this will be a swift kick in the pants to lose the weight and it won't hurt that there will be some money involved to sweeten the deal. So in 2011, I want to be more intentional about FITNESS!

I am hoping by sharing this post with everyone I will see it in print and know that someone out there may be watching me and holding me accountable. When I go through my posts and see this one I will be reminded that I had some things I needed to be working on!

Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.
1 Timothy 4:15

3 comments:

  1. You sound very focused! Cheers to 2011, may all of your goals become realities! Three cheers of encouragement for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I believe in you! I think all three of your intentions are reasonable and doable. I'm cheering for you! Love ya! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you made me look at my life!! Blah!!! Why did you have to go and do a post like that!!? All joking aside, I'm very proud of you and I know you will do great on the first 2, but that 3rd one is gonna be a booger!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...