home about blogsistalk advertise

Friday, May 27, 2011

My very first collection!


So I am not a collector of things. I'm not a fan of a lot of clutter in design but lately I have been drooling over all of the cool collections and displays of globes. Love them! The colors can be so vibrant and they bring so much interest to a room. A few weeks ago I made a trip to Austin and we went to a great little shop on South Congress called Uncommon Objects. I highly recommend it if you plan on taking a little vacay to the Austin area. Actually, I highly recommend S. Congress Ave all together. They have some amazing little shops and the street is packed with super cool hipsters and the vibe was awesome.
But, I digress.
I picked up my first globe for a cool $24 and I was so pumped. Since then my sister picked me up three more globes from an antique store in Dallas. Thanks sis!!

A home for my globes
I need a few smaller globes to fill in the empty spaces to achieve the look I want.
Here are some of my inspiration photos for my little globe obsession:




Have a great weekend!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really want a collection of globes in my library, but I have to start finding some...do you pick yours up at garage sales and thrift stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become obsessed with globes as well...I even spray painted one with chalkboard paint!
    Happy Globe hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw a blog yesterday that had a globe painted with chalkboard paint and she used it as a note board

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...